FastTrack for Small and Medium Businesses

Earn incentives that could cover up to 75% of your building controls project cost.

The PG&E ADR Program now offers a streamlined application process for small to medium office and retail business customers through the following key elements:

  • Pre-approved HVAC and lighting DR strategies
  • Pre-calculated incentives per DR strategy
  • A simple FastTrack Project Calculation Form

FastTrack customers agree to enroll in an eligible PG&E Demand Response (DR) Program and to participate in DR events for 3 years. ADR FastTrack projects are inspected and verified with a load shed test following installation. The projects are paid 60 percent of eligible incentives upon successful inspection, and the remaining 40 percent of incentives following the customer’s participation in one full DR season.

FastTrack Technology Solutions 

The attached document is a list of companies that provide ADR solutions for small and medium businesses (less than 499 kW of peak demand). The list is based on companies that have participated in the PG&E ADR Program. It is provided here only as a resource for SMB Customers, and does not represent ADR Program Team recommendations of the technologies. Additional products eligible for ADR Program incentives are listed by the OpenADR Alliance at

For Cloud Technology Vendors

            Eligibility of ADR Cloud Equipment

            1. Limited to sites with less than 499 kW demand. Does not have to be a FastTrack project
            2. Project must include a pre-paid 3 year cloud subscription that is an eligible project cost
            3. Equipment does not need to pass the stranded asset test
            4. Must be OpenADR 2.0A or 2.0B certified
            5. Offered on a first come, first served basis until the 3 MW cumulative cap is reached

Application Process

Step 1 – Apply

The Participant or Project Sponsor reviews, completes, and emails the following three documents to and the project is placed in the queue to be reviewed.

  1. PGE ADR Program Application
  2. PGE ADR FastTrack Calculation Form
  3. Authorization to Receive Customer Usage Information

Step 2 – Reserve Incentives

The ADR Team reviews the forms, verifies the completeness and accuracy of the information, and submits the forms to PG&E to approve and reserve incentive funding. The Participant will receive an email confirmation of this approval and a notification to begin installation of the ADR measures.

Step 3 – Project Inspection

Once installed equipment is operational and commissioned, the Participant submits the items listed below to the ADR Team member

  1. Itemized invoice. The level of detail required is outlined in the Invoice Checklist, and a Sample Invoice is available for reference. Costs above $5,000 should include itemized details.
  2. Signed Incentive Recipient Certification of Contractor License and Permits for PG&E Customized Incentive Projects
  3. Completed PGE ADR Installation Form

The ADR Team member then schedules a two to three hour inspection. The ADR Team documents the inspection in a Verification Report.

Step 4 – First Incentive Payment (60% of total incentive)

The ADR Team provides the Verification Report to PG&E. PG&E authorizes and issues the first incentive payment following approval of the Report.

Step 5 – Participation in DR Events

Customer participates their respective DR Program for one full DR season. DR Season begins May 1 through October 31. If a project is installed after May, the full DR season will conclude in the same month of the following year. For example if the customer completes Step 4 in July of 2016, the Participant is eligible to receive their second incentive payment in July of 2017.

Step 6 – Second Incentive Payment (up to 40% of total incentive)

The ADR Team calculates the average kW reduction achieved, averaged across every hour of DR events called, for all events called in the season. The calculated performance for the second payment thus includes any DR events for which Participants decided to opt out during the season. The customer must have on average shed 60% of the approved kW. The payment is prorated based on the actual performance over the previous DR Season.

Ongoing Savings: Customer continues to shed load automatically in their enrolled DR Program for at least three years following project installation.

Eligible FastTrack DR Strategies

    1. Space Cooling
      • Increase thermostat temperature
      • Cycle off compressors
      • Cycle off fans along with compressors
    2. Dim lighting